The interim implementation manager DV is responsible for all frozen food deliveries to a nationwide network of local supermarkets. His assignment was to consolidate 3 out of 6 DC’s into a central DC for frozen products delivery. This was part of integral consolidation into 1 central DC for product delivery into a large amount of local store. The throughput time for this assignment was 6 months
- Define a project planning with a detailed overview of tasks and responsibilities. This program charter to be discussed with client and relevant project members and stakeholders. Overall coordination of program execution
- Organise kick off meetings and evaluations with 3 sales region in order to create engagement and manage expectations for future steps (the last 3 DC’s)
- Perform stock analysis to optimise inbound volume and utilization of DC space. As a result a new distribution plan was delivered and push back racks were ordered
- Analyse and correction of supplier invoices, optimising the back office process and training of employees
- Analyse Inventory management and financial processes, determine and implement (quick) wins
Execution and completion according to plan and timelines. All local supermarkets will be delivered out of a central DC. Our customer as well as regional sales companies and local supermarkets were satisfied with the result and the way to this result was accomplished.