Some of these challenges were carried out by a WeY consultant with great enthusiasm and a good result (within time and budget):
- Supervising a relocation of several locations to the new warehouse, in which ongoing operations had to "continue" unhindered.
- Providing management support at operational startup of the new warehouse.
- Setting up the new engineering department.
- The approach during the 1.5 year assignment had the following characteristics:
- Presenting and validating the proposed strategy and plan of action.
- Stakeholder management among logistics service provider and client.
- Handson mentality where problems were solved pragmatically.
- Lots of connection with the floor.
- Only let go when something was "mature" enough .
- Periodic reporting and revision of objectives if needed.
Why this assignment was so successful? the use of a consultant who had knowledge of the logistics processes as well as the processes of the high-tech company. The consultant was seen as the connector between different parties and his flexible attitude ensured a fast and solution-oriented switch. This resulted in a significantly increased output and an operation capable of further optimizing this output.
> Warehouse consolidation, Move to new warehouse without disrupting operations.
>. Improved output, Implementation of dashboards contributed to improved output in the operation.